You don’t have to be in the library to do library research! You can search the online catalog and article databases and read eJournal articles and eBooks from anywhere with an internet connection. Simply follow the steps below to login and begin your research.
The Sextant (library catalog): Search for library books
The Sextant is open access. No login required. Just go here: http://seneca.sunyconnect.suny.edu:4540/F/?func=file&file_name=find-b
Online Journals and eBooks: Search for articles and ebooks.
1. Go to http://luce.sunymaritime.edu:2048/menu
2. Enter your Maritime College email ID and password
Note: A new page opens with a list of all databases
3. Click on the database of your choice and begin searching
1. For help with login username/password: Call Computer Services Helpdesk @ (718) 409-6917 or submit a Login Assistance Request
2. For help with library research: Ask a Librarian!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The Stephen B. Luce Library is pleased to announce the acquisition of the Marine Technology Abstracts online. The Marine Technology Abstracts electronic database contains bibliographic information providing a reference and description for over 90,000 technical articles, reports, books, conference and transaction papers and other material on all aspects of maritime technology, dating back as far as 1940 and drawn from all major marine engineering publications, published worldwide in at least 10 languages.
Topics covered include:
Topics covered include:
- Ship and vessel descriptions;
- Design and construction;
- Ship powering, equipment, maintenance, repair, conversion;
- Cargo handling/port design and operation;
- Safety at sea/environmental protection;
- Coastal and ocean engineering/offshore technology;
- Fluid mechanics, hydrodynamics, hydraulics and aerodynamics;
- Ship resistance and propulsion, motions, seakeeping and manoeuvring;
- Structural response, material properties, corrosion and fouling; Naval vessels and defence technology
- Go to The Library's Website
- Scroll your mouse over eRESOURCES and select eJOURNALS from the list.
- Select the link for 'Marine Technology Abstracts'
*Note, if you are accessing this remotely, you will be prompted for a username and password. This is your maritime email and password.
- The database provides abstracts for many print journals that are held at the Stephen B. Luce library. Use the citation information to locate print journals, proceedings, and books that are held within the library. Electronic resources are also indexed.
- Users may perform simple or advanced searches.
- If materials cited are not available at the library, they can be obtained via Interlibrary Loan Services. Users may inquire about this service at the circulation desk.